24 Nov Lecturer for Sport Management and Sport Economics
From 1 August 2020 applicants are expected to be responsible for teaching and research in sport management and sport economics.
- Teach theory courses and supervise BSc and MSc thesis related to sport management and sport economics
- Research projects in sport management and sport economics
- Guide the Master profile “Sport Management”
- Collaborate in administrative tasks
- Applicants must be prepared to teach in German
- A university degree (Master level), preferably in sport science and/or business/economic/social sciences
- An aptitude for teaching at Bachelor and Master level and teaching experience in theory courses in the field of economic and social issues in sports
- Sound theoretical background (including research and publication activities) in sport management and/or sport economics
- Skills and experience in sport organisations and sports practice as well as in academic administration are considered an asset
- A doctoral degree is a prerequisite
Conditions and Remuneration
- Possibilities for individual research and teaching development
- Cooperation opportunities, in particular within Department III: Sport Sociology and Sport Management
- Good working environment with a motivated team
- Permanent position (100%) in accordance with cantonal regulations
In the interests of equal opportunities, the University of Bern aims to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
Please send applications to the Director of the Institute of Sport Science, Prof. Dr. Siegfried Nagel, including curriculum vitae with scientific background, list of publications, and list of academic teaching activities, by the 09.12.2019 (firstname.lastname@example.org; 0041 31 6315153).