We are happy to present to you an exciting EASM project that has been in the pipeline for quite a while. EASM has long wanted to develop a mentorship programme where experienced members of the community, can pass on their knowledge to younger members of the community and help them in their academic or professional career development.
This mentorship programme will match mentors and mentees with similar interests and knowledge. Being involved in our mentor programme is a great opportunity for both the mentee and the mentor.
As a mentor, you will be able to help a more junior community member develop their professional skills and help them move forward in their career. In return, you’ll see the development of the young professional(s) first-hand and receive formal recognition for your work.
As a mentee, you will be able to ask questions and discuss ideas with an experienced professional, either from the academic or the practical sport management field.
About the setup
EASM does not get involved in organising meetings. We will provide guidelines and advice, and we encourage monthly meetings of 30 minutes, but there are no formal rules to the relationship. The frequency and duration of meetings are ultimately decided by the mentor and the mentee. It could be a one-off meeting or an ongoing relationship.
- You need to be a student (under or graduate) or be a young professional (max. 3 years after finishing studies)
- You need to be (become) an EASM member
- Mentees are asked to engage actively and will need to submit a motivation letter to apply.
- You need to have at least 3 years of experience either as an academic (post Ph.D.) or professional (any sport industry or vertical)
- You need to be an EASM member
- Mentors are asked to engage actively and be prepared to dedicate time to their mentees
- Mentors are asked to commit to a two-year term as a mentor
Interested? Learn more about being a mentor or mentee, contact us here.