02 Feb W3-Professorship for Communication- and Media Science in Sport
GSU seeks an internationally recognised personality who represents communication and media studies in their entire breadth in research and teaching. Special expertise is expected in at least one of the following two areas: (1) media economics and media business, (2) journalism research.
Applicants must document:
– relevant international as well as thematically broad publication achievements in the field of communication and media studies, preferably in the context of the professorship
– high level of expertise in theory-based quantitative and qualitative methods of empirical social research
– recognisable transfer achievements of the scientific findings into practice
– successful acquisition of third-party funds, especially competitive ones
– positively evaluated teaching.
Applicants are expected to have:
– experience with interdisciplinary cooperation
– international research cooperation
– competencies in the area of personnel management and development.
– interdisciplinary connectivity
– teaching competence in English
– international experience in academic institutions.
Willingness to work in all Bachelor’s, Master’s and teaching degree programmes of the university is
Requirements for employment pursuant to § 36 of the Higher Education Act of North Rhine-Westphalia
– completed university studies
– a Ph.D. or equivalent
– appropriate pedagogical/educational skills,
– a post-doctoral qualification (habilitation) or equivalent academic achievements.
The position entails a teaching obligation of 9 SWS (F1).
For international applications, adequate German language skills are required and the ability to offer German language courses within six semesters is expected.
The German Sport University Cologne strives to increase the proportion of female staff and expressly encourages qualified female applications. Women will be considered preferentially in accordance with the State Equality Act.
Applications from persons with severe disabilities or equivalent status are welcome. They will be given preferential treatment within the framework of the statutory provisions. It is the policy of the German Sport University Cologne to support its employees in reconciling family life and work. Please send your application with the usual documents, in particular a description of your professional career, a list of publications and a selection of important publications by 13.03.2023 in the form of a pdf file exclusively to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the reference number 2306-Prof-IKM.
Refer also to our website. You can find information about data protection relating to your application.