02 Apr PhD position (m/f/d, TV-L E13, 50%) in Sport Economics
PhD position (m/f/d, TV-L E13, 50%) in Sport Economics
The Institute of Sports Science at the University of Tübingen invites applications for a
PhD position (m/f/d, TV-L E13, 50%)
starting on 1st of October 2020 (limited to 3 years) with the objective of a scientific qualification (earning a PhD).
The position is assigned to the Department of Sport Economics, Sport Management & Media Research (Chair: Tim Pawlowski) and will be affiliated with the recently founded Data Science and Sports Lab in Tübingen.
The call is aimed at young scientists with a very good university degree in computer science, economics / econometrics, mathematics, or sports science / sport informatics / sport economics / sport management, and an interest in exploring sports related data with quantitative research methods (econometrics / data science).
- Research in sport economics
- Teaching (2 hours) in the Bachelor study programDesirable competencies
- High proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Experiences / expertise in quantitative research methods (econometrics / data science)
- Experiences / expertise in the use of statistical software packages (R and/or STATA)Applications with the usual documents (letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, publication list) should be sent in electronic form (as a single PDF, at most 5 MB) to email@example.com before 1st of May 2020 (job interviews with potential candidates will take place in the first week of May via skype).The University aims to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore urges suitable qualified women scientists to apply. Qualified international researchers are expressly invited to apply. Severely disabled persons with equal aptitude will be given preferential consideration.