15 Nov Lecturer Sport Business Management
About the role
This position will provide teaching, research and administration into the sport management and sport business programs within the College of Sport and Exercise Science. The successful applicant will be a leader in the area of sport management within the College of Sport and Exercise Science making a strong contribution to the discipline across a range of areas. They will contribute in all aspects of education, curriculum development, research and knowledge exchange activities that involve unit convening and teaching and industry engagement.
About the person
The successful candidate will have a doctoral qualification (or be working towards completion) in an area of relevance to sport business management or a Master’s qualification in an area of relevance with significant industry experience. They will have the ability to teach at a university level in areas such as sports marketing, facility and event management and sport business management. They will have knowledge of contemporary pedagogies appropriate for the discipline and that are suitable for working with students with a wide range of abilities and educational backgrounds. They will also have existing relationships and an ability to further enhance engagement with external bodies to enhance the national and international standing of the discipline.
- Teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels into a range of programs offered by the College of Sport and Exercise Science
- Perform appropriate administrative tasks commensurate with the positions responsibilities including unit development
- Engage in research, scholarship and professional activities appropriate to the area of sport ethics
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Paid study leave
Applications must be submitted as a single document comprising:
- A cover letter
- Your curriculum vitae/resume, and
- Your responses to the selection criteria listed in the position description.
Note: Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.