27 Jun Lecturer in Sport Business Management, Jamk University of Applied Sciences, School of Business, Finland
Sport Business by Jamk is a team of professionals specialized in research and higher education of sport management and sport business in the Jamk University of Applied Sciences, School of Business, Finland. The university is located in the capital city of sports in Finland, Jyväskylä. Jamk is a creative reinvented institute of higher education. We develop and strengthen learning, competence, and competitiveness together with partners and cooperation networks, both in Finland and internationally. We have over 8 500 students and 900 employees.
Sport Business by Jamk is a forerunner in Finnish sports business management higher education, offering both bachelor and master level studies to meet the evolving needs of the industry’s competence development. In total, more than 100 students participate in the study activities annually in various forms and levels. Furthermore, Sport Business by Jamk is a distinguished research and development services provider for sport industry, adding value through knowledge management and practice-based research projects.
What we expect from you?
- experience in teaching sport management classes
- Master’s degree or preferably PhD (or you are a PhD candidate)
- experience of supervising practice-based research
- good communication skills in English (level B2-C)
- broad knowledge of sport business industry
- willingness to participate in different development projects
- interest in international networking and working in international environment
- interest in networking across the sport business industry
What are the tasks for you?
- teaching sport business management topics in both undergraduate and graduate programmes
- practice based research projects
- thesis supervision in both undergraduate and graduate level
- student tutoring
- acting as a specialist in EU and national level development projects
What we offer?
- great working environment in one of the best applied science universities in Finland
- energetic Sport Business by Jamk team to work with
- interesting national and international projects to participate
- teacher exchange possibilities
- competitive 12-month salary according to your experience and education
- extensive benefit package including health care services and 12 weeks of non-teaching holidays
- training and support services for digital platforms used in Jamk
This position is full time and temporary for two years at the beginning, and then negotiable for continuation. We hope that you will start latest on January 2nd, 2023 (or earlier).
More information about Sport Business by Jamk and our programmes: Sport Business by Jamk | Jamk
Contact us preferably by email for more information during the holiday season (from 23 June to 31 July). We will get in touch with you asap.
Aila Ahonen, Senior Lecturer, Team Leader
Sport Business by Jamk
School of Business
Pertti Pernu, Head of Department,
School of Business