11 Nov Executive Director, International Academy of Sports Science & Technology (AISTS)
The International Academy of Sports Science and Technology (AISTS) is looking to hire its
Executive Director (100%)
The International Academy of Sports Science and Technology (AISTS) is an educational organization located on the UNIL campus in the Synathlon building. The mission of AISTS is to bring a positive contribution to the management of sport through post-graduate and executive education, as well as applied research, consulting, and services by developing, integrating and delivering multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary knowledge derived from all fields of science such as management, economics, sociology, law, medicine and engineering. It operates in close cooperation with its academic founders (University of Lausanne, University of Geneva, EPFL, EHL Business School, IMD), its other founding partners (International Olympic Committee, Canton of Vaud and City of Lausanne), as well as international sport stakeholders (e.g. international sports federations, and other agencies).
a) a strong leader?
b) passionate and experienced about sport, research, and education?
c) well networked, with close contacts within the sport industry (international sports federations and other agencies, sports equipment manufacturers, etc.)?
d) entrepreneurial with a motivation to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines with a team of 8-15 people?
e) multilingual with English and French at a professional level and ideally with a third language?
Then join our motivated, international, and young team of sports-minded people, renowned professors and international sport partners.
The role of the Executive Director includes the following activities:
1. Leading the academy towards the fulfillment of its mission in a sustainable way
2. Developing the strategy of AISTS in close cooperation with the Board
3. Managing the daily operations ensuring that all activities are carried out in line with the strategy
4. Ensuring a good and close collaboration with the members of the Board, the founding institutions, and other stakeholders
5. Developing the educational, applied research and consulting activities of AISTS locally and internationally
6. Acquiring clients, mandates, and revenues
7. Securing the long-term financial situation of AISTS
8. Helping promote the knowledge, competences, and activities of its academic partners
9. Ensuring the highest quality and scientific level of AISTS applied research, consulting, and education
10. Representing AISTS towards outside parties
The role of the executive director requires the following background and competences:
• Strong leadership, with the ability to gain support from stakeholders across all levels through impactful communication
• Several years of experience in sport, relevant for international sports federations and related organizations, with a strong network of contacts in such organizations
• A high university degree (at least Master level, Doctorate a plus)
• Experience in executive education, or in the fields of academic research and studies, sport management, consulting, or other areas in the sports industry
• Full proficiency in English and in French (3rd language is a plus)
• Strong understanding of the current challenges of international sport organizations and of the sport industry
• Analytical skills with capacity to integrate multidisciplinary knowledge from management, technology, law, sociology, and medicine to deal with the complexity of sport
• Deep knowledge and background in the area of digital technologies
• Excellence in project and time management, prioritization skills
• Rigor and precision, flexibility and adaptability
• Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills to interact with a large diversity of numerous stakeholders within an international and multicultural environment.
Application process: your application should include at least a cover letter and resume.
Application deadline: December 16, 2022
Application to be sent to Ms Aude Thévenaz, HR Manager, email@example.com
Download the complete job description: 2022-10-03 AISTS ED Job Description