02 Nov Executive Director, ICSSPE
Berlin, 28th October 2022
To manage its business, ICSSPE is offering the position of Executive Director.
- The Executive Director manages the business of the Council;
- The Executive Director is responsible for fulfilling the strategic planning of the organisation and the working programmes;
- The Executive Director designs and writes grant applications;
- The Executive Director develops new areas of engagement and identifies additional income sources;
- The Executive Director manages the Executive Office in Berlin and is responsible for staffing;
- The Executive Director is fully literate in English and German;
- The Executive Director is employed for a full-time position (39,25h/week) for one year; an extension of the contract is preferable and can be negotiated;
- Workplace is the Executive Office;
- The work involves frequent travel worldwide.
The salary is currently derived from remuneration level 14 for civil servants in Germany and will depend also on the level of experience. A performance bonus might be negotiated. For further information, please visit
Required qualifications and competences
- Master degree in business administration or similar relevant fields (knowledge and experience in working with non-for-profit organisations related to sport/physical activity are desirable);
- Excellent knowledge of organisational law in Germany;
- At least five years of experience in managing international non-for-profit organisations or in leading internationally exposed positions, including developing and monitoring budgets;
- Proven expertise in fundraising;
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans and working programmes;
- Proven experience in the restructuring according to current operations;
- Desire to lead teams as well as be responsive to and supportive of the needs and interests of other team members for the benefit of the overall performance of the team;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and German.
As ICSSPE is abiding by the values of Inclusion and Equality, these are part of the employment policy.
The successful candidate is expected to start on 1st January 2023.
If the announcement has sparked your interest and you can identify with ICSSPE’s vision, mission and values, please send your application to
The application should contain a cover letter; a CV; evidence of expertise and experience such as degree certificates, references, etc., and should be submitted in English or in German in one PDF, not exceeding 6 MB before 18th November 2022.
Please follow the link for the job offer as pdf: ICSSPE_Executive_Director