29 Nov PhD Studentship: Social Impact of Sport
Sheffield Hallam University are looking to recruit a PhD student to investigate the social impact of sport.
The PhD may focus on the social impact and value of sport at the population across all outcomes, or specifically on one outcome area (for example education). This work will be multidisciplinary, drawing upon evidence from health, economics and other social sciences.
There will be opportunities to work with real world clients as part of your study and to gain teaching experience if you are interested in developing a rounded academic career.
Successful applicants will have all of the attributes listed below.
• A good undergraduate degree (2:1 or higher) in a relevant subject (e.g. Economics, Sport Management, Health Economics, Statistics, Geography).
• A Master’s degree in a relevant area, or equivalent professional research experience.
• Where English is your second language you will have a strong proficiency in English (IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 with at least 6.5 in each component).
Apply to SHU via the University application form, including a 1500 word research proposal (section 9) demonstrating your background reading on the topic of the PhD and your plans for how you would undertake this programme of research.
For an application form or more information on the application process e-mail: HWB-DoctoralAdmin@shu.ac.uk
This studentship is advertised for either a February 2019 or October 2019 start.
Key dates are:
• Application Deadline – 5pm Friday 4th January 2019
• Interviews -Tuesday 15th January 2019