08 Aug Job opening: Senior Lecturer International Sport Management, The Hague UAS
Senior Lecturer International Sport Management (ISPM)
What exactly will you do?
The Faculty of Health, Nutrition & Sports is seeking a Senior Lecturer for the new International Sport Management (ISPM) programme. The International Sport Management programme is a three year Bachelor degree programme. Students can only enroll when they have an IB-diploma or equivalent Dutch VWO diploma. Lecturers, students, content, and delivery will embody the international and multi-cultural dimensions of the programme. ISPM is offered in the state-of-the-art sport and educational facility Sport Campus Zuiderpark, set in the globally connected living laboratory of the Hague “City of Peace and Justice“.A number of responsibilities:
- Teach the following courses to first year students: Management & Organisation, Leadership, Sports (as a tool for developing management skills), Sport Marketing and Personal Professional Development;
- Develop, in close collaboration with colleagues, units to build out a new curriculum for year 2 and 3. Curricular design will be based on case histories and experiences enabling the students to learn applicable theory, understand political/economic/social/historical relationships, perceive the value of classroom and assignment requirements, and skillfully apply this gained knowledge to current industry needs/trends;
- Develop course objectives, outlines, syllabi, and lecture materials consistent with educational course outcomes;
- In collaboration with the development team, design a variety of group and individual testing methods such as oral presentations, essays, open book exams, video presentations, demonstrations of management skills, and multiple choice exams. International and/or intercultural aspects will be embedded in all assessments;
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching international topics in a multicultural classroom;
- Are able to design a curriculum using classroom, virtual, and hybrid methodologies.
More info: here