EASM, what is it?
The European Association for Sport Management (EASM) was established in 1993 as an independent association of people involved or interested in the management of sport in the broadest sense. EASM membership is composed of academics and professionals from the public, voluntary and commercial sectors.
EASM has a wide international network of experts and National Organisations in the fields of sport management and has close European and Intercontinental relations (the International Sport Management Alliance). Members of EASM come from nearly 40 different countries, and from every continent.
|The aims of EASM include to:
• promote and encourage study, scientific research and scholarly writing on sport management,
• facilitate and develop exchange of information and dissemination of best practice,
• work with member organisations to support sport management associations and organisations,
• develop sport management by acting as the European Association,
• co-operate with other international bodies with shared goals,
• encourage the convening of international conferences,
• teach sport management and establish educational exchanges of sport management techniques,
• facilitate the exchange of practical and scientific experiences in the field of sport management,
• extend the teachings and activities of EASM to all places throughout Europe and the rest of the world,
• stimulate the interest of Members to improve their ability and willingness to learn more on sport management,
• publish journals, newsletters, magazines or other reference material in print, electronic or other forms of media,
• maintain and develop databases, websites and other informative material and data on sport management.
For more information, please contact
Institute for Sportstudies
7947 AS Groningen
phone: +31 612189505